The Junior Co-production Market is an integrated two-day co-production market that enables financiers, broadcasters and producers to assess new and innovative children's projects across the cross-media, film and television sectors.
The integrated market reflects the high degree of interactivity and potential for cross-financing across these sectors. All the projects will be presented within a unique and nurturing environment designed to encourage international cooperation. The market starts with a public pitch of all the projects followed by one and a half days of one-on-one meetings. The Junior Co-production Market takes place on 20 and 21 October 2016 in Amsterdam. Please find the selected film, television and cross-media projects below.
The deadline for submitting projects to the 2016 edition of the Cinekid Junior Co-production Market was 1 July, 2016.
There are two awards up for grabs in 2016. Firstly, the renewed Cinekid for Professionals Best Project Award (€2.500 cash prize) for best overall project will be handed out during the Junior Co-production Market.
Secondly, the prestigious Eurimages Co-production Development Award for the co-production, distribution, exhibition and digitisation of European cinematographic works will be handed out. This prize of €20.000 in cash can be used by the award-winner for the development expenses of their project. To be eligible, projects must be aiming for cinema release, and must be designed as a European co-production between at least two member states of the Eurimages Fund for reasons other than purely financial.
TV Buyers that attended previous years include: YLE, SVT, NRK, UR, Super RTL, Z@pp, VRT, KIKA, BR, RAI, HRT, IRIB Media Trade, Czech TV, Orange, BNT, ZDF, PTS Taiwan, Pakapaka, Nickelodeon, etc.
Sales agents and distributors include: High Point Media, Jekino Films, Cinéart, Attraction Distribution, New Europe Film Sales, Global Screen, Sola Media, Level K, Latido Films, Nelvana, etc.
Production companies include: Badi Badi, BosBros, Copenhagen Bombay, Dandelooo, Filmbin, Filmlance, Gobi Studio, Hamster Film, HIERROanimacion, Human Ark, Lemming Film, Les Films d’Antoine, Maipo Film, Plug-In Media, Productions Avenida, Sago Sago, Snowcloud Films, Studio POWWOW, Ulysses Film, Walking the Dog, Zodiak Finland, etc.
- HELIUM, written and directed by Liv Karin Dahlstrøm, produced by Fabelaktiv as (Norway)
- MISS MOGUL, written by Matthew Roche, directed by Ruth Treacy, produced by Tailored Films (Ireland)
- HET MUIZENHUIS, written by Camiel Schouwenaar, Fiona Van Heemstra, Steve Middleton, directed by Camiel Schouwenaar, produced by Rubinstein Pictures (The Netherlands, Belgium, Germany)
- THE PIRACY OF PRINCESS PRICELESS, written by Balázs Turai and Flora Anna Buda, directed by Balázs Turai, produced by Adriatic Animation (Croatia, Hungary)
- ROSA AND DARA AND THEIR GREAT ADVENTURES, written by Tomáš Končinský, Štefan Titka, Kateřina Karhánková, Kristýna Nedvědová, Hynek Trojánek, directed by Martin Duda, produced by Bionaut (Czech Republic)
- SUPER SPECIAL, written and directed by Felix Massie, produced by Nexus Productions (United Kingdom)
- 16, written and directed by Kenneth Elvebakk, produced by Fuglene AS (Norway)
- LOS BANDO IMMORTALE, written by Arild Tryggestad, directed by Christian Lo, produced by Filmbin (Norway, Sweden)
- BINTI, written and directed by Frederike Migom, produced by Bulletproof Cupid (Belgium, the Netherlands)
- THE COTTON WOOL WAR, written and directed by Marília Hughes, Cláudio Marques, produced by Coisa de Cinema (Brazil)
- THE DRAGONFLY, written and directed by Bishnu Dev Halder, produced by Courtyard Entertainment Pvt. Ltd. (India)
- EIA´S CHRISTMAS AT PHANTOM OWL FARM, written and directed by Anu Aun, produced by Kinosaurus Film (Estonia)
- THE FILM OF PONY AND PIGEONBOY, written by Veera Salmi, Hannamaija Matila, directed by Mari Rantasila, produced by Pohjola-filmi (Finland, Norway)
- FRITZI – A MIRACULOUS REVOLUTIONARY TALE, written by Beate Völker, directed by Ralf Kukula, Matthias Bruhn, produced by Balance Film GmbH, TrickStudio Lutterbeck GmbH (Germany, Czech Republic)
- THE GREEDY SWIMMING COACH, written by Joyce van Diepen, directed by Kaj Driessen, produced by Corrino Media Group (the Netherlands)
- HAND IN HAND, written by Erik Ahrnbom, Grethe Bøe-Waal, directed by Grethe Bøe-Waal, produced by MINT ab (Sweden, Norway, Germany)
- IBRACADABRA, written by Sören Olsson, directed by Karzan Kader, produced by HOBAB (Sweden)
- JACOB, MIMMI AND THE TALKING DOGS, written by Līga Gaisa, directed by Edmunds Jansons, produced by Atom Art (Latvia)
- MUHAMMED ALI, written and directed by Ümit Köreken, Nursen Çetin Köreken, produced by DRAMAYAPIM Film Medya, (Turkey, France)
- NEXT DOOR SPY, written and directed by Karla Bengtson, produced by Copenhagen Bombay Rights (Denmark)
- RASPBERRIES WITH MUSTARD, written by Ruth Olshan, Heike Fink, directed by Ruth Olshan, produced by zischlermann filmproduktion GmbH (Germany)
- ROSIE AND MOUSSA, written by Michael De Cock, directed by Dorothée Van den Berghe, produced by Caviar (Belgium, the Netherlands)
- SUMMER WITH BERNARD, written by Silke Schulz, Martina Saková, directed by Martina Saková, produced by SiLVERaRT (Slovakia, Germany, Czech Republic
- 16 HUDSON, created by Aly Jetha & Shabnam Rezaei, directed by Shabnam Rezaei, produced by Big Bad Boo Studios (Canada)
- COPPELIA, written by Tamara Bos, directed by Jeff Tudor, Steven de Beul and Ben Tesseur, produced by Submarine and 3 Minutes West (the Netherlands, Belgium, France)
- DOOPIE, written and directed by Meikeminne Clinckspoor, Maarten van Voornveld, produced by NTR (the Netherlands)
- HUNGRY BEAR TALES, written and directed by Katerina Karhankova, Alexandra Hetmerova, produced by Bionaut (Czech Republic)
- THE SCRIBBLERS´ CLUB, written by Jacopo Armani, Fred Neuen, directed by Jacopo Armani, produced by Doghouse Films (Luxembourg)
- PEEK ZOO, written by Kealan O' Rourke, Kevin Waldron, directed by Kealan O' Rourke, produced by Dream Logic Studios (Ireland)
- URIKITO 3024, written, directed and produced by Mélanie Duval (France)
If you have any questions or remarks, please don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.