The Junior Co-production Market is an integrated two-day co-production market that enables financiers, broadcasters and producers to assess new and innovative children's projects across the film and television sectors.
The integrated market reflects the high degree of interactivity and potential for cross-financing across these sectors. All the projects will be presented within a unique and nurturing environment designed to encourage international cooperation. The market starts with a public pitch of all the projects followed by one and a half days of one-on-one meetings. The upcoming Junior Co-production Market will take place on 25 and 26 October 2018 in Amsterdam. The deadline for submitting projects to the 2018 edition of the Cinekid Junior Co-Production Market is June 15th, 2018. It will be possible to submit your projects from May.
There were two awards up for grabs in 2017. Firstly, the Burny Bos Best Project Award (€2.500 cash prize) for best overall project was handed out during the Junior Co-production Market.
Secondly, the prestigious Eurimages Co-production Development Award for the co-production, distribution, exhibition and digitisation of European cinematographic works was handed out. This prize of €20.000 in cash could be used by the award-winner for the development expenses of their project. To be eligible, projects must be aiming for cinema release, and must be designed as a European co-production between at least two member states of the Eurimages Fund for reasons other than purely financial.
Read everything about the winners of the Cinekid for Professionals Awards 2017 here.
Attending Professionals 2017
TV Buyers that attended previous years include: YLE, SVT, NRK, UR, Super RTL, Z@pp, VRT, KIKA, BR, RAI, HRT, IRIB Media Trade, Czech TV, Orange, BNT, ZDF, PTS Taiwan, Pakapaka, Nickelodeon, etc.
Sales agents and distributors include: High Point Media, Jekino Films, Cinéart, Attraction Distribution, New Europe Film Sales, Global Screen, Sola Media, Level K, Latido Films, Nelvana, etc.
Production companies include: Badi Badi, BosBros, Copenhagen Bombay, Dandelooo, Filmbin, Filmlance, Gobi Studio, Hamster Film, HIERROanimacion, Human Ark, Lemming Film, Les Films d’Antoine, Maipo Film, Plug-In Media, Productions Avenida, Sago Sago, Snowcloud Films, Studio POWWOW, Ulysses Film, Walking the Dog, Zodiak Finland, etc.
- Calamity, a Childhood of Martha Jane Cannary written by Rémi Chayé, Fabrice De Costil and Sandra Tosello. Directed by Rémi Chayé. Produced by Maybe Movies, Sacrebleu Productions (France)
- How I Learned to Fly written by Ljubica Lukovic. Directed by Radivoje Andric. Produced by SENSE Production (Serbia, Croatia)
- Lucy Goes Gangsta written by Till Endemann and Andreas Cordes. Directed by Till Endemann. Produced by INDI FILM GmbH (Germany)
- Mine, said Meaty Marta written by Petra Revenue. Directed by Petra Revenue and Samir Arabzadeh. Produced by Cinenic Film AB (Sweden, Philippines)
- My Name is Olivia… and I Can’t Do Anything About it written by Jowi Scmithz. Directed by Anne de Clercq. Produced by BosBros (The Netherlands)
- RAGGIE written by Karsten Kiilerich and Aina Järvine. Directed by Karsten Kiilerich and Meelis Arulepp. Produced by A Film Estonia (Estonia, Denmark)
- Sinkhole written by Mischa Alexander and Jochum ten Haaf. Directed by Tim Oliehoek. Produced by The Film Kitchen (The Netherlands, Belgium)
- Tagli and Telle written by Paula Noronen. Directed by Akseli Tuomivaara. Produced by Bufo (Finland)
- The Girl with the Blue Shadow written and directed by Bart Van den Bempt. Produced by Serendipity Films (Belgium)
- The Highest Step in the World written by Olivier Pairoux and Eusebio Larrea. Directed by Olivier Pairoux. Produced by Kwassa Films (Belgium)
- Too Far Away written by Susanne Finken. Directed by Sarah Winkenstette. Produced by Weydemann Bros. GmbH (Germany)
- Walking on Water written by Wander Theunis. Directed by Sanne Vogel. Produced by Topkapi Films (The Netherlands)
- Hare and the Prisoner written and directed by Leevi Lemmetty. Produced by Muste ja Valo, Ink and Light (Finland, Ireland)
- Milkshake Bar written by Agnė Adomėnė, Marija Kavtaradzė and Urtė Oettinger. Directed by Urtė Oettinger. Produced by ART SHOT (Lithuania)
- Pikkuli and the Great White Reindeer written and directed by Metsämarja & Antti Aittokoski. Produced by Sun In the Eye Productions (Finland)
- Planet Z written by Maria Björklund, Javi Risco and Bambú Orellana. Directed by Maria Björklund. Produced by Pyjama Films (Finland)
- Romy & Khalid written by Alexandra Penrhyn Lowe and Alexander de Bruijn. Produced by NL Film & TV (The Netherlands)
- StAr written by Maria Bolme. Directed by Maria Bolme, Catti Edfeldt. Produced by Munck Studios (Sweden)
- The Memets written and directed by Ester Vicente Ballester. Produced by Walking The Dog (Belgium, Spain)
- The Restaurant written by Klas Abrahamsson. Directed by Pernilla Olsson. Produced by Mint ab (Sweden)
If you have any questions or remarks, please don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.