For the vacancy in Dutch, click here.
Cinekid for Professionals is looking for an intern to join the team from September 2017. Do you want to build a network in the (children’s) media industry? Then this might be a great opportunity for you!
Located in Amsterdam, Cinekid is the world’s largest media festival for children. Every year more than 50,000 children are given the opportunity to visit over 500 media productions selected by the festival: feature films, children’s documentaries, short films, animations, television series and single productions, cross media productions and Cinekid's MediaLab including interactive installations and set-ups as well as workshops.
About Cinekid for Professionals
Cinekid for Professionals is an international industry event during the Cinekid Festival in October that brings together TV buyers, producers, distributors, directors, networks, sales agents, entertainment companies, academics and journalists who maintain a laser focus on children’s media.
During the industry event professionals can explore international co-productions, visit the ScreeningClub: a digital screening facility with over 300 titles, attend the conference programme and several networking events.
What we offer you
An interesting international environment where you can get acquainted with the international (children’s) media industry. As intern you are an integral part of the team and you get the chance to explore several different aspects of event organisation. Cinekid is an informal organisation that works in a professional manner.
In the period before the Cinekid festival 2017 (in October) your tasks will include:
- Booking of travel and stay for international guests of Cinekid for Professionals
- Answering questions from international guests of Cinekid for Professionals before and during the event
- Maintaining contact with Cinekid partner hotels
- Maintaining contact with Cinekid's shuttle service
- Host at Cinekid for Professionals, management of the guest desk
- General team support
In the period after the 2017 festival (from November onwards):
- Production of Cinekid Script LAB during Berlinale 2018
- Research programme Cinekid for Professionals 2018
- Researching co-production market projects presented in recent years at Cinekid for Professionals
- Maintaining website and social media
- General team support
What’s in it for you?
- You will gain insight into the latest trends in the (kids) media industry;
- Get in touch with a broad network of large and small companies in the international children's media industry;
- You gain insight into the management of (large) budgets;
- You learn to maintain contact with business partners;
- You get insight into what happens when organizing a media festival;
- You get the chance to be responsible for performing different tasks;
- You are studying for your Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or have recently graduated;
- You are fluent in the English language, both written and oral;
- You work accurately;
- You have a friendly, customer-oriented and social work attitude;
- You can handle stressful situations;
- You can keep a good overview;
- You can work well with Excel;
- You have proactive work attitude;
- You have affinity with the international (kids) media industry.
Period: September 2017 – February 2018
September & October: 5 days a week
October – February: 4 days a week
The internship compensation is €250,- per month (in fulltime capacity)
Deadline: 15 June 2017
More information and / or apply with letter of motivation and CV to Nienke Poelsma, email@example.com