Tickets are available for purchase as of now! You can find and purchase all the available tickets via our Ticket page. We've got an amazing programme lined up for you of seminars, masterclasses and the full day Professionals Conference:
Wednesday 21 October - 09:30 - 18:00
More than 20 speakers will elaborate on relevant topics around this year’s theme The Future is Now! during Cinekid’s full day Professionals Conference. Leading conference researchers, innovative A/V companies and emerging players within the children’s media industry will provide insight and practical tools to adapt to the changing industry.
The conference includes:
- Opening talk by Gary Pope, founder of Kids Industries, on the modern-day child.
- Specialists of YouTube, including Managing Director Europe of Maker Studios Robbie Douek.
- Talks and discussion on everything you need to know about Virtual Reality – including a VR demo!
- A panel of highly acclaimed experts from leading industry players such as LEGO's Future Lab, Disney, Nickelodeon and CBeebies who will discuss the do’s and don’ts of storytelling across platforms.
- An interview with Stacey Matthias, founder of Insight Strategy Group and Insight Kids, whose clients include DreamWorks, Nickelodeon, Universal Studios and Warner Bros.
Thursday 22 October - 13:00 - 17:00
Powered by Mediawijzer
The Media Literacy Seminar, powered by Mediawijzer.net and organised in collaboration with EYE Film Institute, will address issues regarding future developments in media literacy such as immersive learning, game-based learning and peer-to-peer engagement, as well as rights issues. Renowned experts such as Santeri Koivisto, CEO of TeacherGaming (the company that developed MinecraftEDU) and lead instigator of Kids Hack Day, Carl Bärstad, will shine their light on the topics.
Friday 23 October - 09:30 - 11:00
Hosted by Film Producers Netherlands
Why should filmmakers co-produce internationally? Experienced producers, including MD and Owner of Kavaleer Production Gary Timpson, and independent producer Peter de Maegd, will address the pros and cons of co-production.
Friday 23 October - 13:45 - 16:00
This year for the first time we are organising the Masterclass Children’s Animation. The Netherlands is a global leader in creating drama for children and has a strong tradition of youth documentary. However, there is both a domestic and European thirst for knowledge on how to write animation scripts for children. This masterclass will therefore provide an exchange of knowledge and skills between live-action scriptwriters and animators including Paul Wells.
Thursday 22 October - 10:00 - 11:45
How do you create a good educational app for children? And how do you ensure that it becomes a success? During the seminar ‘Apps for Children’, presented by Kennisnet, ECP and Cinekid, several successful educational apps will be highlighted and we will also take a look ahead in time. What developments await us?