Short programme overview
Professionals Conference – Wednesday 19 October
Full day conference for all children’s media professionals; film, TV and new media.
With storytelling as a central theme we will dive into topics such as:
- Celebrating 30 years of Cinekid and 30 years of children’s film: changes and challenges in storytelling
- Dreamworks and PBS Kids on creating appealing characters and building on character skills
- On 'kindfulness', minfulness and meditation in children's media
- Gender in (or out of) the picture: on gender representation & equality
- International coproduction: the effects of cultural differences on storytelling
- New media artists from Globacore, Marsmallow Laser Feast and Interactive Architecture Lab on Hololens, VR and beyond
- And many more inspiring speakers and topics
- Including tour and drinks at the Cinekid MediaLab after the conference
Lesli Rotenberg (Senior Vice President and General Manager at PBS Kids), Annika Bluhm (Creative executive at Dreamworks Animation), Anna Serner (CEO at Swedish Film Institute), Ben Unsworth(Co-founder/President at Globacore), Akwasi Ansah (actor, writer, rapper), Mascha Halberstad(director), Andrew Kavanagh (Owner / Founder and CEO at Kavaleer), Sarita Christensen (CEO atCopenhagen Bombay), Monique Ruinen (Consultant Feature Films at Netherlands Film Fund), Ruairi Glynn (Director of Interactive Architecture Lab), Sheena Macrae (Director at Lightcube), Simone van Dusseldorp (director), Petter Lindblad (Producer and owner at Snowcloud Films), Marleen Slot(Founder and producer at Viking Film), Sofie van Bauwel (Associate Professor at the Department of Communication studies at the Ghent University), Ersin Han Ersin (Creative Director at Marshmallow Laser Feast), Thijs de Wit (Co-founder of PIPS:lab)
Media Literacy Seminar – Thursday 20 October
Powered by Mediawijzer.net
About the roles of media in cultural identity construction.
European Film Forum – Thursday 20 October
On the future of European audiovisual content for children.
MediaLab Academy Masterclass – Thursday 20 October
Seminar Apps for Children – Thursday 20 October
In partnership with Kennisnet and ECP
Masterclass Children’s Animation: Storyboarding in the Picture – Friday 21 October
In partnership with VNAP