Cinekid completes line-up for 12th edition of Junior Co-Production Market
Cinekid’s Junior Co-production Market (JCM) has selected 30 children’s media projects in development for its 12th edition, to be held 22-23 October 2015 in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
The projects will be introduced to more than 200 potential partners from the industry, and are presented in three sections: Cross-Media, Film, and TV. The selection includes both live-action and animation projects by renowned children’s media companies such as BosBros (NL), Ankama (FR), Lemming Film (NL), Grid Animation (BE) and many other talented producers from across the industry.
Junior Co-production Market
The Junior Co-production Market (JCM) is organised by Cinekid for Professionals (CfP), the industry event of Cinekid, the largest children’s media festival in the World. The JCM is an integrated two-day event that enables financiers, broadcasters and producers from around the world to assess new and innovative projects from the cross-media, film and television sectors. The JCM reflects the high degree of interactivity and potential for cross-finance across these sectors. All the projects will be presented in an environment designed to encourage international co-operation. The JCM starts with a public pitch of all the projects, followed by one and a half days of one-on-one meetings between project representatives and potential financiers.
The success of previous editions is reflected in this year’s festival programme. The Games Maker by Juan Pablo Buscarini (AR) was pitched at the Junior Co-production Market in 2009 and is selected in this years’ Best Children’s Film Competition. Boy 7 by Lourens Blok (Lemming Film, NL) was pitched at the Market in 2012 and is screening in this year’s Best Dutch Family Competition of the festival, as is The Sword of D’Artagnan by Dennis Bots (Bijker Film, NL), which was pitched at the JCM in 2013.
Cinekid currently supports all links within the children’s film production chain, from development in the Script LAB, to financing at the JCM to exploitation at the festival. The Cinekid Script LAB was initiated in 2014 help writers elevate their scripts in development to a higher level with the help of international experts. Presented last year, and selected for this years’ JCM, is SAGA (DK) by Katarina Launing, written by Maja Lunde. So it seems the Cinekid chain is already paying off.
There are three awards up for grabs in 2015. First of all, the Cinekid Power to the Pixel Prize will be handed out to the best children’s project (as chosen by Cinekid) at the Power to the Pixel Market and Lab in London. The project will receive automatic selection for the Junior Co-production Market.
Secondly, the renewed Cinekid for Professionals Best Project Award (€2.500 cash prize) for best overall project will be handed out during the JCM.
Thirdly, the prestigious Eurimages Co-Production Development Award for the co-production, distribution, exhibition and digitisation of European cinematographic works will be handed out for the second time. This prize of €20.000 in cash can be used by the award-winner for the development expenses of their project. To be eligible, projects must be aiming for cinema release, and must be designed as a European co-production between at least two member states of the Eurimages Fund for reasons other than purely financial. The winners of the CfP Best Project Award and the Eurimages Co-Production Development Award will be announced Friday 23 October.
- DARWIN’S ANIMALS; by Jernej Lunder, written by Jernej Lunder, Maja D. Subic, Sandra Rzen - mInvida d.o.o. (Slovenia)
- DOFUS – BOOK 1 – JULITH; by Anthony Roux, Jean-Jacques Denis, written by Anthony Roux - Ankama Animations (France)
- ISI; by Iskra Karadzhova, written by Maite Cònsul - Cinètica Produccions (Spain), CGPills (Spain)
- MIRONINS; by Mikel Mas, written by Celia Rico - Cornelius Films (Spain)
- TELL ME MORE; by Duccio Chiarini, written by Sofia Assirelli, Gaia Rayneri - Rai Fiction (Italy), tempesta (Italy/UK)
- PIKKULI 2ND SEASON AND GAMES; by Metsämarja Aittokoski, written by Nina Erjossaari - Sun In Eye Productions (Finland), Aittokoski Experience LTD (Finland), Tomavistas (Spain)
- BO; by Esmé Lammers, written by Barbara Jurgens - Waterland Film (The Netherlands)
- COUPE CONFUSED; by Mischa Kamp, written by Tamara Bos - BosBros (The Netherlands)
- DELIVER US FROM EVIL; by Agnieszka Lukasiak, written by Agnieszka Lukasiak - Hob AB (Sweden)
- ERIK STONEHEART; by Ilmar Raag, written by Livia Ulman, Andris Feldmanis - Amrion Production (Estonia)
- FLY!; by writer and director Ann-Kristin Reyels - Unafilm (Germany)
- GLASS BOY; written and directed by Samuele Rossi - Solaria Film (Italy), Echivisivi (Italy), WILDart Film (Austria)
- KAYTEK THE WIZARD; by Magdalena Lazarkiewicz, written by Magdalena Lazarkiewicz, Katarzyna Terechowicz - Mediabrigade (Poland) TVP S.A. (Poland), Dreamsound Sp.z o.o. (Poland), Loveframe s.r.o. Prague (Czech-Republic)
- MNK Boy; by Mete Gümürhan, written by Sibel Altınbaş and Mete Gümürhan – Kaliber Film in cooperation with Topkapi Films (The Netherlands), Filmaltı (Turkey)
- MY GIRAFFE; by Margien Rogaar, written by Mirjam Oomkes and Laura Weeda - Lemming Film (The Netherlands)
- SAGA; by Katarina Launing, written by Maja Lunde – Cinenord Kidstory (Norway)
- SKY RAIDERS; by writer and director Lior Chefetz – UCM (Israel)
- THE ADVENTURES OF HALVDAN VIKING; by Gustaf Åkerblom, written by Per Nielsen - Anagram Väst (Sweden)
- THE ARCTIC CAMELS; by Karl Emil Rikardsen, written by Karl Emil Rikardsen - Relation04 Media (Norway), Pomor Film (Norway)
- THE FIRST CASE; by Linda Hambäck, written by Jan Vierth - Lee Film Stockholm (Sweden)
- DEEP SEA DOCTOR DEREK; by Leo Timmers, written by Steve Middleton - Grid Animation bvba (Belgium), Zooper Film GmbH (Germany), Tinker Labs Ltd (UK)
- GARDEN GANG; by Davide Tosco, written by Marc Seal, Davide Tosco - Showlab (Italy), M'GOfilms (Singapore), Gebrueder Beetz (Germany)
- INTERSTELLAR ELLA; by Tanguy de Kermel, written by Adam Long - Tinker Labs Ltd (UK), Grid Animation bvba (Belgium), Zooper Film GmbH (Germany)
- KIDS ON THE SILK ROAD; by Jens Pedersen - Pedersen & Co (Denmark), Toolbox Film (Denmark)
- LULINA AND THE MOON; by writer/director Marcus Vinícius Vasconcelos - Teremim Studio (Brazil)
- MOONWOLVES; by Nima Yousefi, written by Malin Ahlin, Hans-Åke Gabrielsson - Hob AB (Sweden), Naive AB (Sweden), Copenhagen Bombay (Denmark)
- MY FAITH; written and directed by Michel Cayla, Davide Tosco - M’Go Films (Singapore), Showlab (Italy)
- THE CRASH; by Daniel Snaddon, written by Julia Smuts Louw - Sparks Flew Development Studio (South Africa)
- TROLL AND THE OLIVER; written and directed by Jesper Møller - Zooper Film (Germany), Grid Animation (BE), Tinker Labs (UK)