Cinekid for Professionals is an international industry event during the Cinekid Festival in October that brings together TV buyers, producers, distributors, directors, networks, sales agents, entertainment companies, academics and journalists who maintain a laser focus on children’s media.
Key components of Cinekid for Professionals
- The Junior Co-production Market: presenting around 30 new and innovative projects in development for children and youth audiences (approx. 13 film, 9 TV, 8 cross-media) presented to leading financiers, broadcasters and potential co-producers.
- The ScreeningClub: a digital screening facility with over 300 titles.
- A Conference & Seminar programme: open programme for everyone interested in children’s media.
- The Script LAB: a four-month script-training programme for writers with a children's film project.
- Various networking opportunities: including drinks in the innovative MediaLab in the presence of several artists and creators of the interactive installations.
Facts & Figures
- 300+ media professionals
- Of which 200+ international guests from more than 30 territories
- 20+ international festivals
- 15+ international broadcasters
- 50+ speakers for our conference programme
- 300+ audiovisual productions ready to be acquired or programmed
- 30 projects in development looking for co-producers or financiers
- € 22.500 of Awards to be handed out
- Running parallel to the Cinekid Festival: with 50.000+ visitors, the 1200m2 digital playground The MediaLab and many international film screenings at the cinemas with children.