We are now accepting entries for Cinekid Festival and Cinekid for Professionals. Send in your production!
Cinekid Script LAB
Cinekid Script LAB is a six-month script-training programme for writers with a children's film project. The training was initiated by Cinekid in 2014 and is gearing up for its sixth edition which will take place during Cinekid for Professionals in October 2019, and the Berlinale 2020. The deadline for entries for Cinekid Script LAB is 3 June. More information on this trajectory can be found here. The regulations and entry form can be found on this page.
Junior Co-production Market
The Junior Co-production Market is an integrated two-day co-production market that enables financiers, broadcasters and producers to assess new and innovative children's projects across the film and television sectors. The deadline for film and TV productions in development for the Junior Co-production Market is 1 July. The regulations and entry form can be found on this page.
During the Junior Co-production Market 2019, two major awards will be handed out:
- The Eurimages Co-production Development Award of €20.000 for the best film project aimed for cinema release, and must be designed as a European co-production between at least two member states of the Eurimages Fund for reasons other than purely financial.
- The Best TV Project of €10.000 for the best TV project, this prize goes out to the best episodic production.
Film, TV and ScreeningClub
For both Cinekid Festival as Cinekid ScreeningClub, our digital sales library with over 400 recent children's productions, we are accepting features, short films and episodic productions. Find the competitions for Film and TV below, and their regulations and the entry form here.
- Best Children's Film Competition: an international jury will present a Jury Award (€7.500) and the children at the festival will choose the winner of the Audience Award.
- Best Dutch Family Film Competition: a jury of Dutch industry professionals will hand out a Jury Award (€7.500), while an Audience Award will be decided by the visitors of the festival.
- Best International Short Film Competition: an inernational jury awards films in three categories: live action, animation and documentary. Each award comes with a prize of €2.500.
- Best Dutch Short Film Competition: a Dutch jury chooses a winner in three categories, which will receive a Cinekid Lion and €2.500.
- Best Dutch Series Competition: a jury of Dutch television experts will reward the best episodic production in two categories: fiction and non-fiction.
Entry deadline for Cinekid Festival including the awards mentioned above is 1 July.
The deadline for Cinekid ScreeningClub is 16 September.
Digital Culture (MediaLab)
Cinekid Festival invites artists, designers, agencies and studios to submit interactive art and design projects for the upcoming MediaLab, as subject for keynote presentations and for consideration of the Golden Lion Award. The call offers an opportunity to become part of the children's media festival and reach out to an international audience and network of media experts. Check out the regulations and entry form here.
Entry deadline: 17 June.
Feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org in case you have any questions about submissions or regulations.
Still: 180CC by René van Zundert