P R E S S R E L E A S E
AMSTERDAM, july 1st 2015
Cinekid announces nominees for Best New Media Production 2015
Today Cinekid announces 12 nominees for the Best New Media Production 2015. Over 70 companies and producers have entered their best new media productions of the past year. Entries were sent from all over the world, they were qualitatively high and very diverse in formats: games for consoles and mobile platforms, but also online games, interactive installations, websites and applications from both commercial and independent producers.
The prize wants to showcase the full range of productions that entered the Dutch and Flemish marked last year and foster the quality of New Media Productions aimed at a younger audience in general.
The jury of 5 professionals - consisting of Alessandra van Otterlo, Peter de Jong, Zuraida Buter, Anneke Dorsman and Adriaan de Jongh - nominated a total of 12 productions for the Cinekid Lion Best New Media Production. They looked at the quality of the production, specifically artwork, interaction design, usability, sound design and story line. Also, innovation in the technical sense and authenticity were considered in the selection process.
The nominees for the Cinekid Lion Best New Media Production 2015 are as follows:
· Kick & Fennick, Jaywalkers Interactive, Vincent Bonefaas, Laurens Bruins
· Metrico, Digital Dreams, Thijmen Bink
· Buurman & Buurman Studio, Nederlands Instituut voor Beeld en Geluid, Eric Goossens, Kloosterboer decor, Kiss the Frog, Karen Drost,
· Monster Mingle, Cowly Owl, Chris O’shea, Nick Stoney, Wip Vernooij, Resonate
· Metamorphabet, Vectorpark, Patrick Smith, Sarah Alger, Studiokamp
· Sumico, Javier Sancho, Matthijs Diercx, Joris Dormans, Koen Bollen, Dick Grinwise, Grinwise
· David Wiesner’s Spot, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, Laura Doyle
· Kapu Bloom Tunes, Kapu Toys, Aku Seppälä
· Toca Nature, Toca Boca, Mårten Brüggeman, Emil Ovemar
· Spotter, Fresco, Chris Koolmees, Sonolog, Bart Knol, Dain Thomas, Stef van der Poel
· Samsara, Monobanda PLAY, Niki Smit
· Oren Open, IJsfontein, Rotterdamse Muziek Coalitie, Marieke Roel
All nominated productions will be shown during the Cinekid Festival, starting on thursday the 15th of October, in the MediaLab! Out of the 12 nominees the jury will choose one overall winner. During the entire festival, children can vote for all the projects shown in the MediaLab. The project with the most votes will win the Public Prize.
During the award ceremony on the 22nd of October, Cinekid will announce the winners. The winner of the Cinekid Lion for Best New Media Production 2015 (jury prize) receives a money prize consisting of 7500 Euros.
Note to editors (not for publication):
For more information about Cinekid New Media please contact Tim Hoogesteger:
email@example.com: +31(0)20 - 531 78 90
For more information about Cinekid in general please contact Jenny Fatisis:
firstname.lastname@example.org: +31(0)20 – 5317890